With the return to school it is more important than ever that our students have all their immunizations to keep themselves and our school community safe. Please find info here: https://osse.dc.gov/node/1460386#families
The Covid19 vaccine is required for all students in age groups where there is an FDA approved vaccines. (As of August 8th, all students 12 and older will be required to have the Covid19 vaccine.)
PSP is hosting DC Department of Health COVID19 Vaccine Clinics throughout the year. Anyone over the age of 5 may be vaccinated including adults. (No registration is needed as this is a walk-in vaccine clinic.)
Please find additional information on the COVID19 vaccine here: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/vaccine
If you would like your child to be vaccinated and you are unable to attend, please complete the form below to have a school staff member escort your student. Printed forms are available in the Main Office. And you may also request a form to be sent to your email for electronic signature.
If you have questions please email, Kelly Smith, [email protected]
All students will be required to test to return to school for the 22-23 school year in addition to the return from school breaks throughout the year. Test pick up will be available the Friday before the start of school or return from break.
Curative (www.curative.com) hosts a testing site open to the public Monday - Sunday free of charge to all community members at 1800 Perry Street NE. The kiosk is located at the intersection of Perry Street NE and 18th Street Ne.
Please find the latest DC Health and OSSE guidance below.
Health and Safety Mitigation Strategies
PSP will implement a layered mitigation strategy to keep students as safe as possible during SY22-23.
- This starts with getting your child vaccinated and keeping them home if they are sick.
- Once your child arrives at school they will be given a clean and well-fitted disposable mask each time they enter the school building.
- Classrooms are sanitized nightly through an electrostatic surface spray. After each meal and during transitions all desks, chairs, and high touch surfaces are disinfected.
- Air filtration in all areas of the building has been increased and every classroom contains an additional air filtration system.
- Hand washing throughout the day is required for students and staff.
- Covid testing will be required at the return from all breaks and when students/staff are symptomatic at school.